Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodrigoCastelli
Helper IV
Helper IV

Flow to Update SharePoint Lists from each other

Hello,

I have two SharePoint Lists that are almost identical. They are source for my Power Apps.

I need those lists have the same data. So i've made two flow to update the SharePoint Lists when the other List is modifield ot some item is created.

My problem is, this creates an infinite loop. Because every time an item is modified in one list it updates in the other, and the other flow works modifiyng too.

How could i do this update without creating this infinity loop?

Bets regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @RodrigoCastelli 

The approach that you had used has to be slightly modified. If you want to use 2 lists with the same data, always use one as a master and the other as a backup or child. Try to add the items to the master list from power apps. Whenever an item is added or updated in the master list, the child or the backup list must be updated. To identify which item is updated in the master, the item id from the master has to be added to the child or backup list as a lookup or text (your choice). Based on the master item id, you can find the child list item and then update it. If you can find an item, then update else create.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bluehoodie
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @RodrigoCastelli ,

Can you add a status column in both sharepoint list? Using the filter query in get items from sharepoint list, you will be able to filter those that needs updating in another list based on the values in the status column. This will also stop the infinite loop. 

sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @RodrigoCastelli 

The approach that you had used has to be slightly modified. If you want to use 2 lists with the same data, always use one as a master and the other as a backup or child. Try to add the items to the master list from power apps. Whenever an item is added or updated in the master list, the child or the backup list must be updated. To identify which item is updated in the master, the item id from the master has to be added to the child or backup list as a lookup or text (your choice). Based on the master item id, you can find the child list item and then update it. If you can find an item, then update else create.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hi @sudharsan1985 ,

The lists wasn't to be identical. Just part of it, So the Sales department would update one list and Budgets would update the other, because Budgets can't have all access to the information. That's why i split the lists, to stop

So, there is no option for this self update between the lists?

Thanks for the reply!

Hi @bluehoodie ,

I have already worked with a collumn at filter query that makes this job of filtering only the update items.

However, the issue is because one list updates the other, and my flows are always running from one to other flow.

Thanks, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,469)