cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FJ1200
Frequent Visitor

Flow to add a PPT slide into a Word document template

Good morning.

I've been struggling with this one for a week and getting nowhere.  Hopefully the community can assist.

I have a flow that pulls data from a SP list into a Word template then converts to PDF as a project final approval document that works perfectly, but have been advised that I also need to append the contents of a PPT file as well.  It's just one or two summary slides that need to be appended to the Word doc.  There seems to be no appetite to subscribe to a 3rd party plugin or purchase the Premium licence so I'm stuck with the standard SP and Flow connectors.  I'm ok with JSON if that's needed, but I'm not really sure if what they want is possible OOB.  I've been looking at "Append to Array" and every other option available to me; I considered converting the PPT to a png or jpg and importing that - nope.  I'm getting nowhere.   Is there another option?  Am I missing something?  Any 'out-there' ideas?  Or do I just have to bite the bullet and argue (endlessly) with the management to go 3rd party?

1 REPLY 1
AnjelikaCh
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @FJ1200 ,

I know you mentioned 'no 3d party solutions', but consider trying Plumsail Documents. It will work for you. The connector has a bunch of actions. So, you can populate a Word document with SharePoint list data, then convert it to PDF. Separately, convert PPT to PDF. Then merge the 2 PDFs you've got. All required actions are included. 

You may start from the free one-month trial to check all things and present to the management. Plumsail could offer custom pricing, so you could negotiate the affordable price according to your needs. 

All the best,

Angelika.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,564)