cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christiaan1981
Frequent Visitor

Flow to add a new connection in a PowerApp.

Hi!

I hope someone can tell me if I can create a flow to add a new connection in a PowerApps app, and how? 

In an app I run a flow that runs an Excel script that duplicates a tab with a template in an Excel file and turns it into a new table. After this new table is created in Excel, I want the new autogenerated table to be automatically added as a connection to the app. Is there any way to do this? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MarvinBangert
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Christiaan1981 

I know there is a connector called "Power Automate Management" in Power Automate and Power Apps which has an an action called "Create Connection". You can just select the connector "Excel" right out of this. I never used it before, but maybe this helps you: Power Automate Management - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hi @MarvinBangert ,

That sounded really interesting, but I have tried it and it seems to do something other than what I need. I thought it might work like this: 

Christiaan1981_0-1617734833337.png

This creates a connection in my environment, but not a datasource to powerapps.

Christiaan1981_1-1617735194738.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (3,273)