cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BertPlessers
Frequent Visitor

Flow to check Birthdays every day and post a Teams message if applicable

Hello, so I tried to create a flow that will run each day at the same hour and checks whether it's someone's Birthday. I am trying to add a list of GIF's from an external provider to randomly add to the Happy birthday message. This is how my flow looks like:

BertPlessers_0-1659016614835.png
Unfortunately, when I test this flow, the following error message appears:

The variable 'Djifkes' of type 'Array' cannot be initialized or updated with value of type 'String'. The variable 'Djifkes' only supports values of types 'Array'.

Anyone that knows what's wrong here? I'm sure this is an easy one for most of you, so apologies for asking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@BertPlessers It works perfectly fine for me, please see below:

Ankesh_49_0-1659123089619.png

Possible issue at your end could be the Quotes you are putting in, please check. Cosmetic issues, copy your urls in notepad use correct quotes symbol and paste it in your variable value.

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,
Ankesh
--------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@BertPlessers  Looks like there is a comma missing, see below:

Ankesh_49_0-1659020412064.png

Please add it and you should be good.

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Ankesh

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BertPlessers
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. There was indeed a comma missing, but that didnt solve the problem, unfortunately.

Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

Same error?

I tried with some urls, its working fine. However, I am able to re-create your error when i am removing any comma or quotes.
Therefore, i would recommend you check the values you are pasting when initializing array.

Let me know in case of new error.

Thanks
Ankesh

BertPlessers
Frequent Visitor

Yes, that is correct: The variable 'Djifkes' of type 'Array' cannot be initialized or updated with value of type 'String'. The variable 'Djifkes' only supports values of types 'Array'.

BertPlessers_0-1659085443031.png

Could you please share the urls with me?

Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@BertPlessers It works perfectly fine for me, please see below:

Ankesh_49_0-1659123089619.png

Possible issue at your end could be the Quotes you are putting in, please check. Cosmetic issues, copy your urls in notepad use correct quotes symbol and paste it in your variable value.

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,
Ankesh

BertPlessers
Frequent Visitor

Ankesh, thank you so much for your solution! Carelessness with the quotes was indeed what went wrong. It works now! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,396)