cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravankcm Advocate I
Advocate I

Flow to create create a calendar event form powerApp by multiple users in shared calendar

Hi , 

I have successfully created a PowerApp form that "on submit" creates a calendar event on O356 calendar and also creates corresponding database entry. The event shows up on the calendar.

Now I shared the app and the calendar with my team so they can use the PoweApp to creat events on the shared calendar.

When they creae an event the I am getting an error on flow as below. The users have full permissions on the calendar. 

INPUTS
  • Host
    { "api": { "runtimeUrl": "https://msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net/apim/office365" }, "connection": { "name": "/providers/microsoft.powerapps/apis/shared_office365/connections/d4fc2b66473f4564a402f4741f7243ff" } }
  • Method
    /datasets/calendars/tables/AAMkADkzMGIzOGFmLWFlODktNGE4ZC1hZmU3LTdiOTBhN2NhNjlhMABGAAAAAACLq9OQ6_4TTJdHklC371XsBwCTLWbj7I2wSKljd3c1dVVaAAAAnHPSAABAbBdWfn1tQIhsprXMVH6xAAAE-cn-AAA%253D/items
  • Authentication
    { "parameter": "*sanitized*", "value": "*sanitized*", "type": "Raw" }
  • Body
    { "End": "2016-11-29 10:30:00-06:00", "Start": "2016-11-29 08:30:00-06:00", "Subject": "(HI) H6T6 SP, 000000" }

OUTPUTS
  • Headers
    { "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-request-id": "63db26ad-bdd2-4be1-b5a2-e55571f87d2c", "X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:59:24 GMT", "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=674605a9e81f3c7fdb3d0ce439e0060e7221e2afcd2b64e1603912f97070ee70;Path=/;Domain=127.0.0.1", "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319", "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET", "Content-Length": "85", "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8", "Expires": "-1" }
  • Body
    { "status": 404, "message": "No email found with the specified id.", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow to create create a calendar event form powerApp by multiple users in shared calendar

Hi Sravankcm,

How is your flow configured? Do you intend to create an event on Office 365 calendar when a button on PowerApps is clicked via Flow?

I create a simple app to submit event on Office 365 calendar, I configure the flow likes below:

button create event.PNG

Then in the app, I add two Date picker controls and a Text input control, then configure the Button with this function:

createeventwithbutton.Run(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,DatePicker2.SelectedDate,TextInput1.Text)

I can create an event on the calendar via this flow on my side, but after sharing the app and the calendar to shared user, shared user is not able to submit a new event to the calendar, and I get the same error message with you.

button error message.PNG

It seems that creating an Office 365 Calendar event from PowerApps by multiple users in shared calendar is not supported currently, please submit an idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum, I would also collect and report this issue on my side:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,494)