cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCS_IG

Flow to create task when email moved to folder not starting for some emails

Hi,

I am having issues with a simple flow that uses an email being moved to a folder as a trigger to create a task. The steps are as below and as shown in the screenshots (I have redacted the Plan Id field):

1. Use the 'When a new email arrives' trigger to detect when an email is moved to a folder called 'Team tasks'
  2. Get my profile
  3. Convert the HTML body text of the email to plain text
  4. Create a task and name it "*New task* & [subject line of the email"
  5. Delay for 1 minute (it's been a while since I created this task, but I think a delay step was recommended to avoid delay issues with the task creation)
  6. Update the task by adding the plain text prepared in step 3 to the task description

The flow runs for certain emails, but not others - the flow doesn't even start / register in the run history

Some of the emails I've tried have sensitivity labelling/restrictions and I could understand if this caused problems (the sensitivity labelling certainly messes up Forms/Excel integration 😞) but others are just regular emails - and I can't see any difference between the ones that successfully trigger the flow and the ones that don't.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @SCS_IG,

don't use  When a new email arrives' trigger to detect when an email is moved to a folder.

Create a scheduled cloud flow and scan  'Team tasks' folder periodically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @SCS_IG,

don't use  When a new email arrives' trigger to detect when an email is moved to a folder.

Create a scheduled cloud flow and scan  'Team tasks' folder periodically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
SCS_IG

Thanks @VictorIvanidze - I did some more digging after I posted this and found a similar response from you from a few years back.

I'll amend the flow as you suggest - if I move the email out of the folder at the end of the flow, I should be able to schedule it to run fairly frequently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,602)