cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow to notify in expiry date

Despite following many examples on here I am struggling to get this flow to work. We utilise a Sharepoint List which has a date column and I was wanting it to email myself a number of days before the date. Below is a image of the flow, hopefully someone can spot the issue.

SOUK_2-1636120331225.png

SOUK_1-1636120290509.png

SOUK_3-1636120360047.png

This is the error received

SOUK_4-1636120445079.png

This is what the SharePoint list looks like

SOUK_5-1636120561894.png

I have also used the ODATA alternative within the Get Items section with no luck.

If it helps my personal SP setting are set to UK but the SP site itself is set to US.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Anonymous 

The error message that you have posted in your original post indicates that it is the Get items action that failed and shows that the filter query is the reason for the error.  Your condition did not get executed as the Flow failed before it got there.

In addition, you really don't want to use a condition - it should be done in the filter query.

My suggestion: 

1. Remove your condition
  2. Add your filter query back using my earlier suggestions

The filter query will work assuming the the Expiry date column is not a calculated column.  If it is, let me know.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

The reason for the error is that your ODATA filter is not valid although I can't see the filter query in your screen shots.  The likely reason is that you are not using the internal name for the Expiry Date column - internal names cannot have spaces.  The internal name is probably ExpiryDate without the spaces but it might be different.

Try this:

1. Got to the list and then list settings
  2. Click on the Expiry Date column
  3. The internal name will be at the end of the URL after Field=
  4. Replace Expiry Date in your filter query with the internal name

Also, be sure that your expression is enclosed in single quotes - the screen shot indicates that you may be missing a closing single quote.

If you Flow runs without error you can remove your condition and simply send an email in your apply to each loop.

image.png

Please let me know if this works for you.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott

Thanks for coming back to me, I have provided cleared screenshots hopefully below. I was aware from reading other threads about the Internal name, I assume the first screen shot shows that is as it should be. The second one shows the second ' being present.

SOUK_1-1636123638044.png

SOUK_2-1636123683831.png

I dont have an Odata filter (within Get Items) on this particular version as I had given up on trying to get that to work. Is that perhaps causing an extra issue? I had hoped the condition would act in the same way as the ODATA filter.

Thanks

@Anonymous 

The error message that you have posted in your original post indicates that it is the Get items action that failed and shows that the filter query is the reason for the error.  Your condition did not get executed as the Flow failed before it got there.

In addition, you really don't want to use a condition - it should be done in the filter query.

My suggestion: 

1. Remove your condition
  2. Add your filter query back using my earlier suggestions

The filter query will work assuming the the Expiry date column is not a calculated column.  If it is, let me know.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Scott, its now working

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,022)