cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne_Howell

Flow to notify when PowerBi data model Refresh is complete

Hi, does anyone know if there is a flow that can determine when Power BI dataset refresh has completed. 

I have several flows that trigger a Power BI dataset refresh but I want to go that step further and notify me when they are complete so I can alert end users.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
DiegoEscobar2
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Wayne_Howell . I don't see any trigger for that. But are you using scheduled refresh? In this case your users will know that every day at 6:00 AM - for example - data is updated. And also you can configure, in the refresh settings, to send an email if it fails, to you and other people.

srduval
Super User
Super User

The ability is there, but  I don't believe it can be done out of the box. You have to setup a custom connector aka published app in azure that will be your key to authenticating yourself into the power bi universe, lots of articles out there on how to do that, if I can find the one I used I'll post it here. That's the hardest part. Once you have that  app in place, you'll have the keys to the kingdom to execute a much wider array of options for interacting with power bi from power automate

I don't know if these are the directions I followed, but it should get you started on what to look for if this doesn't work for you:

Refresh PowerBI dataset with Microsoft Flow | by Konstantinos Ioannou | Medium

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,404)