cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnguy71
Level 8

Flow to retrieve Microsoft Teams weburl via GET request

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to retrieve the weburl using flow? When I send a request via Graph Explorer I am able to return the weburl but when I try it in Flow I'm receiving an authentication error.

The idea is simple. I have the group ID of a MS Teams. When a user creates an item with attachments from a SharePoint list, the flow should find the Team URL and save it to the respective team's shared documents. 

Any help getting the first part would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to retrieve Microsoft Teams weburl via GET request

Hi @hnguy71 ,

Could you share the method you are currently using?

If it is an authentication error, make sure the username and password are configured correctly.

I did a test on my side and it seems that we can get the link to team through List channels action.

I noticed that the channel web url is very similar to the link to team, so just replace some of the elements in channel web url to get the link to team.

channel web url:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3a231de7d6ff8fb6af35cda%40thread.skype/General?groupId=849ca1da-e091-4354-91d3-6aafe5&tenantId=9e51064f-f6a5-41a2-89a9-97806

Link to team:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3a231de7d6ff8fb6af35cda%40thread.skype/conversations?groupId=849ca1da-e091-4354-91d3-6aafe5&tenantId=9e51064f-f6a5-41a2-89a9-97806

You could get the link to team by the following method.

• First get all the channels in the specified team through List channels action, and then initialize a variable to store link to team.
  • Traversing all the channels, here you only need to traverse the first element, but it does not affect the subsequent operations.
  • Replacechannel in the channel's web url with team.
  • In Set variable action, replace channel display name in the result obtained in the previous step with conversations.
  • The result of the last variable is link to team.

Compose:

replace(items('Apply_to_each')['webUrl'],'channel','team')

Set variable:

replace(outputs('Compose'),items('Apply_to_each')['displayName'],'conversations')

Image reference:

46.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
hnguy71
Level 8

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Thank you for the detailed information on getting the channel web url and I'm sure this would be useful for someone down the line but I'm actually trying to get the SharePoint WebUrl. Is the method similar?

weburl.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hi,

I’m a little confused. Your original question states that you want to get the Teams WebURL and the solution provided gives you that.

Are you now saying that given a Team ID you want to find the associated SharePoint Web URL?

- Mark
hnguy71
Level 8

Hi @MarkStokes 

I think there's a miscommunication.  I really did want the Team's WebUrl as how I described.  I've explored the option provided step-by-step and what I'm supposedly returning is the Team's Web APP Url in which I did not need. Or if the solution was correct and I'm supposed to have returned the example weburl in my other post then I will explore it further.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 107 members 5,648 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: