cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SwethaV

Flow to save emails from External users to a folder in SharePoint

I have a flow set up to save emails with attachments coming to a shared inbox to a folder on SharePoint. I have filtered emails coming 'From' a specific email id and with a specific subject. The flow works fine for mails coming from internal users i.e. if I use an internal email id in the 'Form' field. However, I need the flow to work for mails coming from an external vendor email id. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks,

Swetha

2 REPLIES 2
rsaikrishna
Community Champion
Community Champion

@SwethaV 

In the From field, you can mention multiple email ids by separating them by semicolons. Please try mentioned both internal and external user email ids in the From field.

If the above option does not work, can you pleaser provide the details of the email trigger you are using:

When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2) or different one?

For complete documentation, you can visit the following page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

@rsaikrishna Thanks for responding.  For testing purposes and reduce complexity, I am using my inbox rather than the shared mailbox. I have used the 'Save my attachments to a document library' template as is. The flow filters mails by the 'From' field and the subject and saves the attachment in the sharepoint folder that I have mapped. The flow works fine for internal company email ids. However, when I replace the email id in 'From' field with an external email id (not my company id) it does not seem to save in the flow. Hence, the flow doesn't work.

I also tried your method with an external and internal email id in the from field but only the internal email id is saved. The other one is removed.

SwethaV_0-1598969098151.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,519)