cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow to send email message to meeting organizer when a meeting conflicts with a work elsewhere event in the calendar (Outlook)

Hi Community,

I'm trying to build a flow for the following scenario:

I have a few days (let's say 3, as an example) during each week where I work remotely from Home. In order to let my coworkers know, I' schedule an appointment as an 'all day' event and mark as 'Work Elsewhere' (under 'Show As'). To further help out when anyone needs to book a meeting where I need to participate, I want to, proactively, let them know that that 'Work Elsewhere' period I won't be available.

Hence, I'd like to create a flow with the following parameters:

Normal Flow:

• Trigger: whenever a new meeting is created in my calendar (by someone);
  • Conditions:
    • If the time slot conflicts with the event duration for my 'Work Elsewhere' appointment;
  • Action:
    • Then, send an email message to the meeting organizer with a specific text;
  • ELSE:
    • default outlook calendar action (put the meeting on my calendar and show as 'Tentative').

In order to translate this into flow, I would assume it would go something like this:

• Base application:
    • Outlook O365;
  • Trigger:
    • 'When an event is added, updated or deleted (V2)'. (As the label state: 'This operation triggers a flow when an event is added, updated or deleted in a calendar. (V2)')
      • Calendar Id: 'Calendar'
  • Action:
    • 'Get events (V4)' ('This operation gets events from a calendar using Graph API. (V4)')
      • This would be to retrieve all events from my calendar in order to prepare the validation of event conflict. Since this can be a considerable list, I should filter them: only if an 'all day' event with the parameter 'Show As' = 'Work Elsewhere'.
        • Filter Query (in OData): ('how can I implement the filter described above?')
  • Condition 1:
    • If there is a conflict between the meeting to be scheduled and an all day event with 'Work Elsewhere';
  • Action 1:
    • Then, send the meeting organizer an email with a specific text;
  • Condition 2:
    • If there is no conflict between the meeting to be scheduled and an all day event with 'Work Elsewhere';
  • Action 2:
    • Then, do no action (ie. default outlook calendar for this situation).

Thank you,

Bernardo Marques

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,193)