cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Flow to send notification of file being edited, but don't run EVERY time it's edited?

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a flow to notify (via slack) when a shared file on onedrive has been modified and by whom. It works great, but I don't want it to send a notification EVERY time the file is edited (the file is edited over and over again at some times). Maybe once per hour if it's been modified within that hour. Any suggestionsScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.37.19 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow to send notification of file being edited, but don't run EVERY time it's edited?

Hi @seannaber,

The file's attributes only contain the time of the last change, so it is not possible to directly determine whether the time interval is 1 hour by the file attribute. 

I am afraid there is currently no way to achieve your needs.

If you want MS Flow to have similar features, you could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Flow to send notification of file being edited, but don't run EVERY time it's edited?

Hmm, that's too bad. Is it not possible to start with an hourly occurance which checks if the last modified date was within an hour of the current time? And, if it was within the past hour, send out a notification?

I appreciate the response, @v-bacao-msft!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seannaber,

The approach you mentioned is closer to solve your needs.

But there still seems to be some problems.

Because the time interval between file updates is short, the result of Condition judgment may always be false.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,706)