Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Varun_Pai
Level: Powered On

Flow to send reminder over due email and 2 days before due date

Hello folks,

I have looked at some articles from this forum and tried to replicate the flows, but for some reason, the flow runs for hours and hours and still does not do what is expected. Can you please look at this and let me know what's going wrong.

Requirement:- 

Current Sharepoint list has the below three columns (among others).

1.png

1. Only need to look at Sharepoint list entry where the "Confirmed as closed" (Confirmed) column has value "No" or is blank.

2. Overdue notification - An email needs to be triggered every working day to check if the (DesiredCompletionDate) is overdue.

3. Near due notification - An email needs to be triggered every working day to check if the (DesiredCompletionDate) is 2 days away from today.

My Flows is designed this way:-

2.png

Running this flow has not triggered the 15 overdue entries I have in the Sharepoint list. It seems to keep running forever. Last evening it ran for 15 hours and today I tried twice each time for 52 mins and 1+ hrs before I cancelled them.

Any suggestions/help welcome. 

Many thanks.

Regards,

Vaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow to send reminder over due email and 2 days before due date

Hi @Varun_Pai 

I can see 3 issues here: 

1. In the filter query, you need to use the full internal name of the column that you want to apply the filter now and there seems to be some mismatch in that based  on the list schema you shared and the expression you have for the query. 

2. In the condition 1, the expression in the left side of the condition is wrong. It should be: 

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['DesiredCompletionDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

3. Similarly, in the condition 2, the expression on left side should be: 

formatDateTime(addDays(items('Apply_to_each')?['DesiredCompletionDate'],2),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Can you make these changes and check if you continue to face the same issues? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Varun_Pai 

I can see 3 issues here: 

1. In the filter query, you need to use the full internal name of the column that you want to apply the filter now and there seems to be some mismatch in that based  on the list schema you shared and the expression you have for the query. 

2. In the condition 1, the expression in the left side of the condition is wrong. It should be: 

formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each')?['DesiredCompletionDate'],'yyyy-MM-dd')

3. Similarly, in the condition 2, the expression on left side should be: 

formatDateTime(addDays(items('Apply_to_each')?['DesiredCompletionDate'],2),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Can you make these changes and check if you continue to face the same issues? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Varun_Pai

Hi Yash,

Many thanks for your quick response. Please see my comments below.

1. The internal column name is "Confirmed". See screenshot below. The column is set up to have default value "No" and can be toggled between "Yes" and "No". Is this ok or needs to be changed?

3.png

2. and 3. made the changes as per your instruction.

I just ran the updated flow and still nothing. Its been running for over 10 mins and I still haven't received the notification.

4.png

Please help.

Regards,

Vaz

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Varun_Pai 

was the flow run successful? Can you share details on that? In the apply to each loop can you set and enable concurrency so that multiple parallel branches can run together (... on the apply to each control -> settings -> concurrency)

Can you try the above and check?

Hope this Helps!

Varun_Pai

Hi Yash,

Your 1st response to this post was the correct solution. 

I noticed the problem was with the Mail V3 connector. It seems to be in beta testing and was the reason the flow was not working fine, after fixing the points you mentioned and changing the mail connector to V2 resolved the issue.

Many thanks. 🙂 You rock.

Regards,

Vaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,813)