cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Flow to sharepoint list - Update Item - without matching ID's

I have 2 sharepoint lists, 

 

List A - EWO App

List B - EWO for maintenance

 

The flow I have is below:

 

Jbarfield_0-1599845762034.png

When a list item is modified in List A, update that Item in List B

 

The flow works fine when I have the ID field set to ID, but the problem is that the list ID's are not the same between both lists (List B has a lot more items) so I am looking for another solution to use in the ID field. I have tried using title since the titles are unique but the flow keeps failing. 

 

any ideas?

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Found a solution

 

I created a column in LIST B and in my create flow I set this columns value to the ID of the item from LIST A 

List A and List B.png

ID.png

EX -

LIST A ID = 19, when an Item in created LIST B ID = 3599 and AID = 19 

 

then on my modify item flow I added 'Get Items' and under advanced options/filter query I set AID equal to the ID of list A and set the count to 1. 

 

get items.png

I had some errors here so I had to remove the filter query and run the get items and check the results, AID was not the true name of the column it turned out to be UniqueID0 so I had to set my filter query to "UniqueID0 eq ID"

error message.png

check output.png

unique ID.png

after Get items I added the update item property to flow and filled in the fields normally. 

 

Worth nothing I had to make sure under update items I had to make sure AID had the ID field for List A again and not List B. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Found a solution

 

I created a column in LIST B and in my create flow I set this columns value to the ID of the item from LIST A 

List A and List B.png

ID.png

EX -

LIST A ID = 19, when an Item in created LIST B ID = 3599 and AID = 19 

 

then on my modify item flow I added 'Get Items' and under advanced options/filter query I set AID equal to the ID of list A and set the count to 1. 

 

get items.png

I had some errors here so I had to remove the filter query and run the get items and check the results, AID was not the true name of the column it turned out to be UniqueID0 so I had to set my filter query to "UniqueID0 eq ID"

error message.png

check output.png

unique ID.png

after Get items I added the update item property to flow and filled in the fields normally. 

 

Worth nothing I had to make sure under update items I had to make sure AID had the ID field for List A again and not List B. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,784)