cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roalexan
Level: Power Up

Flow to sync (old files, new files as they arrive) from SharePoint folder to Azure storage container

I can successfully create a Flow that copies new files as they arrive into a SharePoint folder to an Azure storage container. However, my workflow has some additional requirements:

1) handle older files

2) run some custom code that sets some metadata properties on the blob

3) sync all files under the folder recursively

For #1, is this supported by Flow? Is there a way to have Flow "catch up" by copying pre-existing files from SharePoint to Blob? In essense, I want the SharePoint folder to by in synch with the blob container.

For #2, perhaps I can do this via an Azure function, that is triggers by a new blob being created. However, can this be done in Flow?

For #3, I don't know if Flow supports this.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow to sync (old files, new files as they arrive) from SharePoint folder to Azure storage conta

Hi @ roalexan,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

For your requirement #1,do you want to synch the SharePoint folder with the blob container?

If you could successfully create a Flow that copies new files as they arrive into a SharePoint folder to an Azure storage container, you only need to create a flow to synch all files in the SharePoint folder with the blob container and run the flow for one time before your flow(copies new files as they arrive into a SharePoint folder to an Azure storage container) runs.

You could create the flow to get all files in a sharepoint library and add an apply to each file to create the file in the Azure storage container as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

For your requirement #2,could you please share more details about the custom code that sets some metadata properties on the blob?Do you want the flow to run some custom code that sets some metadata properties on the blob?I afraid that it is not supported in microsoft flow.

For your requirement #3,Microsoft flow support to sync all files under the folder in sharepoint library,Microsoft flow have the trigger when a file is created or modified in a folder and the trigger when a file is deleted,you could sync the file when a file is created or modified or deleted.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,301)