cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow to update a field on Account Entity when a Post is created

Hi All,

I want to update a field on Account entity whenever someone creates a post on Account entity. I tried suggestion by support team here, but it does not work for me.

Help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mahesh

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@MaheshPadekar - The Activity entity is basically a pointer entity between the primary entity (Account, in your case) and the individual activity entities. There are separate entities for each activity: Appointment, Task, Email, Phone Call, etc.

You also referenced "post" in your message. There is a separate entity for Posts which can be referenced within Power Automate.

So, if your trigger is on Post creation, then you need to decide which of the Activity entities you are looking to update.

Highlighted

Hi @PowerBack19

I want to update field on Account entity whenever a "Post" is created. I mistakenly mentioned "Activity" in my original post. I've now corrected it.

I have tried creating a flow that triggers on "Create" of "Post" entity record, but it does not have provide "Regarding" field which can be used to retrieve Account record. I also tried to retrieve Account records through "Post Regarding" entity but retrieve on "Post Regarding" entity is not supported.

Thanks,

Mahesh Padekar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,786)