Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaheshPadekar
Level: Powered On

Flow to update a field on Account Entity when a Post is created

Hi All,

I want to update a field on Account entity whenever someone creates a post on Account entity. I tried suggestion by support team here, but it does not work for me.

Help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mahesh

2 REPLIES 2
PowerBack19
Level 8

Re: Flow to update a field on Account Entity when a Post is created

@MaheshPadekar - The Activity entity is basically a pointer entity between the primary entity (Account, in your case) and the individual activity entities. There are separate entities for each activity: Appointment, Task, Email, Phone Call, etc.

You also referenced "post" in your message. There is a separate entity for Posts which can be referenced within Power Automate.

So, if your trigger is on Post creation, then you need to decide which of the Activity entities you are looking to update.

MaheshPadekar
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow to update a field on Account Entity when a Post is created

Hi @PowerBack19

I want to update field on Account entity whenever a "Post" is created. I mistakenly mentioned "Activity" in my original post. I've now corrected it.

I have tried creating a flow that triggers on "Create" of "Post" entity record, but it does not have provide "Regarding" field which can be used to retrieve Account record. I also tried to retrieve Account records through "Post Regarding" entity but retrieve on "Post Regarding" entity is not supported.

Thanks,

Mahesh Padekar

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,702)