cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaheshPadekar

Flow to update a field on Account Entity when a Post is created

Hi All,

I want to update a field on Account entity whenever someone creates a post on Account entity. I tried suggestion by support team here, but it does not work for me.

Help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mahesh

3 REPLIES 3

@MaheshPadekar - The Activity entity is basically a pointer entity between the primary entity (Account, in your case) and the individual activity entities. There are separate entities for each activity: Appointment, Task, Email, Phone Call, etc.

You also referenced "post" in your message. There is a separate entity for Posts which can be referenced within Power Automate.

So, if your trigger is on Post creation, then you need to decide which of the Activity entities you are looking to update.

Hi @PowerBack19

I want to update field on Account entity whenever a "Post" is created. I mistakenly mentioned "Activity" in my original post. I've now corrected it.

I have tried creating a flow that triggers on "Create" of "Post" entity record, but it does not have provide "Regarding" field which can be used to retrieve Account record. I also tried to retrieve Account records through "Post Regarding" entity but retrieve on "Post Regarding" entity is not supported.

Thanks,

Mahesh Padekar

Hi, I know that over a half a year late response, but today I came across the same problem you've encountered. I decided to share maybe for future reference. I believe this is a bug by Microsoft, I will most definitely report it today. 

Cutting to the chase, I wanted to notify owner by email when new Post on Lead was created. This did not work as regarding object id was not returned from trigger body. At the same time I knew this information when I was checking webapi at <my-organization-name>.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/posts(<post-id>) that this information was indeed present. 

I managed to fix this issue by adding additional action "List Items" to again fetch the post referring the post id ass on screenshot below:

Zrzut ekranu 2021-01-27 172519.png

Then you have access to both regarding object id and object type and you should be good to go. 

Regards,

Konrad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,806)