cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow triggered by Gmail message - was working fine for months but today did not even fire at all.

Hello.  I have a flow that triggers a dataset refresh on Power BI Service when I get an email in my Gmail account from a certain email address with a certain subject.  This flow has been working perfectly for months. 

Today at 1:01 PM Eastern time, I got the email that would normally have triggered the flow.  I later found out that the dataset was not refreshed.  When I went to check my Run History for the flow I found that it doesn't even show up at all for that time.  Any idea what might have happened or what I might do to find out more information about why this could have happened?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

@Pina 

The run history page for power automate has different filters applied to that, you will be able to see the data accordingly. If you are not able to see the run that happened on a specific time period I think the flow was unable to detect the change at all. You will be able to find runs like these in the Checks-No New Data section

When you navigate to the flow runs page it will be set by default to the all runs, click on the drop down on the top right and you will be able to see option menu with different options in that 

Gopala_Krishna_0-1611296408943.png

Select checks no new data and you will be able to see your runs here, select there to see why the trigger did not happen.

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Pina 

The run history page for power automate has different filters applied to that, you will be able to see the data accordingly. If you are not able to see the run that happened on a specific time period I think the flow was unable to detect the change at all. You will be able to find runs like these in the Checks-No New Data section

When you navigate to the flow runs page it will be set by default to the all runs, click on the drop down on the top right and you will be able to see option menu with different options in that 

Gopala_Krishna_0-1611296408943.png

Select checks no new data and you will be able to see your runs here, select there to see why the trigger did not happen.

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

View solution in original post

@Gopala_Krishna thank you for this. I hadn't noticed that dropdown before.  That is helpful.

Strangely, clicking on Checks (no new data) and on Failed checks doesn't provide more information.  It just says "Skipped", for the timeframe in question, but the email did happen.

Today, however, the same flow Failed because for some reason I had to re-authenticate to the Power BI Service, which I have now done.  But at least in this case it did show up as having failed.  The other one just didn't show.  It remains a mystery, but in light of today's situation I am suspicious that they may have been related.

Update:  This resolved itself.  I'm not sure why I had to re-authenticate to the Power BI Service, or why I didn't get a notification about it for the missed flow, but after the next day's email alerting me that I had to re-authenticate my flows proceeded successfully as they had before.  Thanks!

Hi, I have the problem Pina described. I've already checked the section No New Data because I've got many mails for which the flow didn't run. In section No New Data the message is "Ignored".

I've got many flows with different Gmail that run properly, only this one has troubles one in a while.

Can you help me?

Thanks, ARostagno

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (71,322)