cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Otto_Luvpuppy
Frequent Visitor

Flow will not stop running!

HELP!
I have a flow which I'm building that sends reminders, based on certain status in a SharePoint List to people. Luckily at the moment I'm the one that gets the email. It has an Apply to Each control in the flow so the whole thing works through the list and fires when necessary. The entire list is around 750 items.....however when I hit Test this afternoon the flow kicked off and won't stop....I'm now receiving 1000's of emails, which I'm directing to my Delete Folder......but I can find no way to stop the thing running....in the words of Dr. Frankenstein 'I've create a monster'.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Otto_Luvpuppy  In case of testing you can add delay of about 1 or 2 min after send email action . This will give you time to cancel your flow running instance. I always do testing in this way to avoid unnecessary lots of emails specially if it is inside apply to each.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Otto_Luvpuppy  Pls share your flow screens that will help us to see in details.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Hi Hardesh....thanks for the reply. I can't share the screen I'm afraid as I deleted the offending code and went back to an old version. To be honest there was nothing to see....once I hit Test, the automation kicked off and kept on running. I think I had inadvertently added and item from the original Get Items rather than from within the Apply_to_each control.
The flow eventually finished, luckily, after sending me a couple of thousand emails!
I'm surprised that there is no Panic Button to allow the developer to 'escape' out of a flow that's run wild.
Thanks again for taking the time to contact me though.

Regards

Paul

@Otto_Luvpuppy  In case of testing you can add delay of about 1 or 2 min after send email action . This will give you time to cancel your flow running instance. I always do testing in this way to avoid unnecessary lots of emails specially if it is inside apply to each.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

Great advice Hardesh...thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (796)