cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow with form and email slow to trigger

I created a flow from the template:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/75d21f267b73455191f8a5dbe6784da4/send-an...

and I modified it to add an extra condition that will send an email only if the form has a specific response.  It works but triggers really slow.  Takes 20-30 minutes to send the email sometimes.  What causes flows to trigger slow? How fast should they trigger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow with form and email slow to trigger

@MrTea 

Sometimes actions and triggers contained in templates are not updated when new versions are released.  There have been at least 2 versions of the Forms trigger - I can't  tell which version the template is using.  That said, this is a very simple Flow.  I suggest rebuilding the Flow from scratch and seeing if you experience better results.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@MrTea 

Sometimes actions and triggers contained in templates are not updated when new versions are released.  There have been at least 2 versions of the Forms trigger - I can't  tell which version the template is using.  That said, this is a very simple Flow.  I suggest rebuilding the Flow from scratch and seeing if you experience better results.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you! I was able to rebuild from scratch and that did the trick. Its triggering right away now. Would be interesting to know what was causing it to slow down but that is academic at this point. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (5,285)