cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agoneau

Flow with multiple approvers failing

Help! I created an approval flow for a sharepoint document library. A document could require one or two approvers. So the library has columns for Approver1 and Approver2. The user can fill in a persons name in one or both columns and then run the flow. The flow should create an approval task for each approver listed. If both approver1 and approver2 columns are filled out, two tasks are created. If only Approver1 is filled out and Approver2 is left blank, only 1 task is created. Approver2 task should be ignored and task should move on.

This was working magically up until Thursday morning. All of a sudden, the Flow does not like when Approver2 column is left blank and returns this message:

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidRequestContent'. Error Message: 'The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Required property 'assignedTo' expects a value but got null. Path '', line 1, position 1437.'.'.

The task for Approver1 gets created, but the approval will never finish because it gets hung up at Approver 2. Any ideas why this stopped working? Possible change to Flow (we're online)?

Here is a picture of the flow and the error:

flow_example.PNGflow_example2.PNG

Anyone have any ideas on what can be added before Approver2? Perhaps a condition? I tried a simple condition of if Approver2 is not equal to blank, start an approval, but got the same error message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
agoneau

I solved it myself in case anyone is interested! I had to add a condition before each approval (Approver2 email is not equal to "fx:null"). Leaving it blank was not sufficient.

flow_example_solved.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
agoneau

I solved it myself in case anyone is interested! I had to add a condition before each approval (Approver2 email is not equal to "fx:null"). Leaving it blank was not sufficient.

flow_example_solved.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,070)