Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeebob
Helper II
Helper II

Flows Failing and not retrying - configuration

Hi Folks,

I have a set of flows which I am finding are failing more than I would like. So far at least a third of my flows have failed (I added #tags either side of the HTML characters, as it keeps failing when I post it!)

Failed to retrieve token for resource=https://outlook.office365.com. Message=The system cannot find the file specified.

#<#!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"#>#
#<#HTML#># #<#HEAD#># #<#TITLE#>#Service Unavailable #<#/TITLE#>#
#<#META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"#># #<#/HEAD#>#
#<#BODY#># #<#h2#>#Service Unavailable #<#/h2#>#
#<#hr#># #<#p#>#HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. #<#/p#>#
#<#/BODY#># #<#/HTML#>#

There have even been moments were the flow just doesnt trigger, I then have to turn the flow off, then back on, then test run it before it sees it.

The first question is, why do I keep seeing these issues? I have an office365 required Dual Factor setup, I am hoping its not the 2FA which is causing these issues.

The second question is, how do I set the retry policy on these? Ideally I want it to retry at least a good handful of times, even if its trying say 10 times, one per hour. I cannot find anywhere to set the re-try actions. 

The final question is, how do I configure the failure alerts? I want to have these flows setup as team flows, and if they fail, top either update via emails, or MS Teams.

Thanks

James

4 REPLIES 4
manuelstgomes
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @jeebob 

If the 2FA was enabled after you had the connections in place, it might invalidate the connections (silently), making your flows to fail in strange ways.

I had this issue in the past, and it took me a while to understand that was 2FA the culprit. I needed to re-connect each of the connections to be able to see my flows working correctly again.

Try going to the connections tab and checking any connection that needs to be refreshed.

Here is everything explained in more detail:

https://manueltgomes.com/microsoft/flow/power-automate-invalid-connection/

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for your reply. With regard to the 2FA, most of my connections have renewed over the last few days. Do I need to delete  them all, and re-create?

Flows Errors.jpg

Hi @jeebob 

Only if 2FA was enabled in the last few days.

Before doing that, try creating a test Flow first with the connections to see if they work. If they do, then the issue must be somewhere else.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Thanks Manuel,

I will try and make some time for it later, 2FA has been in use for a good few weeks now so hopefully I dont need to refresh the connections.

The flows are showing success since their failures, it seems to be a hit and miss thing - so I might not have successful testing in terms of reproducing the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (76,329)