cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShangKer
Helper I
Helper I

Flows not working. Error sinceInput not specified.

I have created a flow that will send an email when a column change in the sharepoint list. I have other flow that has the same template but working well. How do i solve this error? As attached are my flow components.
Flow1.PNG

Flow 2.PNG

Flow 3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@ShangKer 

Sorry I missed watching the trigger, you have to use the trigger When an item or a file is modified only then the flow will work

Gopala_Krishna_0-1609733802452.png

The "Get Changes" action is configured to work only when the trigger is "When an item or a file is modified" if it is not that then it will not work.

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@ShangKer 

Could you please try reselecting the dynamic inputs again.

Gopala_Krishna_0-1609732618666.png

as shared in the image the start token will go in the since part and the end token will go in the until part.

Also you have to enable to the version settings in the SharePoint list to get this working.

To enable the version settings in SharePoint list follow the steps mentioned in the link - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/enable-and-configure-versioning-for-a-list-or-library-155...

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

Hello there i have tried re-adding the dynamic input and the version setting in my sharepoint list are also enabled. The error are still occuring.

Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@ShangKer 

Sorry I missed watching the trigger, you have to use the trigger When an item or a file is modified only then the flow will work

Gopala_Krishna_0-1609733802452.png

The "Get Changes" action is configured to work only when the trigger is "When an item or a file is modified" if it is not that then it will not work.

Hi there, thanks for the solution.

Hi, 

I am encountering the same issue. I have a working flow with both the trigger of "When an item or a file is modified", and the "Get changes for an item or file" action. It works great 100% of the time.  I have created another flow using the same SharePoint list, with exactly the same trigger and action, and it fails 100% of the time. In addition to the status message posted by ShangKer, it is getting a status 400 on the Get changes step. I've rebuilt it several times, and it fails 100% of the time. It's completely baffling to me what could be causing the failure since it looks exactly like the working flow. Any thoughts of what could be causing the status 400 on one flow, but the other flow accessing the same SharePoint list is working? 

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Did you ever figure this out? I am getting the exact same error with the status 400.

AJ

Does this work with the trigger "when an item is created or modified" as well?  It throw the 400 input error for me using this trigger, perhaps because the "get changes for an item" and the "trigger window start/end" do not play nice when an Item is created,  as compared to their intended use for being modified.    

ninjaryder1st_0-1632493918220.png

ninjaryder1st_2-1632494266987.png

It seems the work around is a need to build two separate flows which seems like twice the work/time: 

1)  When an item is created:  control condition = true,  >>> and so on.    

OR

2) When an item or file is modified>> get changes for item>>  control: has column changed: true >>> and so on.

If I don't use two separate flows/triggers, I either get this error, or I will have the flow triggers every time when using trigger "created/modified" due to condition remaining true/being met by updating a different column in the list time that is unrelated to the control.    Using "created/modified" and changing a list item change triggers the flow for a "true condition" because the control for specific column cannot be determine with start/end tokens if I can't use "has column changed" with the "created/mod" trigger.  

Any advise to using 1 flow, not 2 separate flows for creating and/or modifying a flow to run with a control condition is "true" whether its created, or modified and the control setting 1) is true and 2) flow runs only when true is selected (created) vs changed (created or modified)?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,281)