cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshAtBrotech
Helper II
Helper II

Flows really need to the ability to run for longer than 30 days.

Not much else to be said. We are a manufacturing company and we have used Microsoft Power Automate to digitize a lot of key business processes. It has been a great tool for bringing heightened accountability, traceability, & visibility to in-process tasks and management of our production floor.

That said, we have some business processes that can take anywhere from 8-10 weeks to complete, usually where it pertains to new jobs being prepared for the shop floor.

The 30 day limit on Flow runs really kills Power Automate's functionality for our business. It would require programming of many individual Flows that are triggered by the completion of Approval emails - not ideal.

If anyone at Microsoft is listening, I beg you, make this a priority.

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@JoshAtBrotech 

The ability to have longer running Flows is a popular request of which the Flow team is aware. 

One alternative that you might consider is to use a LogicApp rather than a Flow for you longer running processes.  LogicApps can run for 90 days.

The LogicApp design environment is almost identical to Power Automate.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,272)