cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flows stop triggering unexpectedly Bad gateway 502?

Hi, I've had a number of flows stop working all of a sudden with little information on what is at fault. The flows have been working fine and were not modified aroudn the time they stopped working. The only nugget to go off is the error 'bad gateweay 502' which is reported in a some of the recent failed runs.

I'm unable to trigger the flow (sharepoint new item is created or modified) so i'm stumped as to why it is not triggering. I've created a simple flow in the same account with the same trigger, that works the first time then doesnt work any more...

I've tried copying the flow to another account but that doesnt work more than once either!

I've tried copying the flow and deleting the original (because i was concerned there were quite a few instances of the flow running) but that didnt work either.

Really at a loss as to what is wrong and this is having a significant impact on our operations. if anyone has any pointers or guidance i'd appreciate hearing them.

The actions contained in the flow are:

Sharepoint update item

Sharepoint get items

Outlook send email

Outlook send email with options

Thanks,

Eddie

86 REPLIES 86

I am seeing this same error with the message "There's a problem with the flow's trigger".  However, I'm getting "Succeeded" and I know the flow is running successfully.  

My trigger is when a new item is created on a SharePoint list. 

Any ideas how to fix this?  

{
"error": {
"code": 502,
"message": "Unable to connect to the remote server",
"source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-centralus-01.azure-apim.net",
"path": "forward-request",
"clientRequestId": "12301678-3dd7-45d6-a435-60c889ad420a"
}
}

Thank you. 
RayConsella
Advocate I
Advocate I

My flow is triggered when a file is created or updated (properties only) and ran successfully 40 times over the past month including 8 times yesterday.  Now today I get a bad gateway error??  This is not my design, this is not something I changed, and I'm sure this goes for the rest of you. This is just Microsoft being cheap and lazy and not putting the proper resources behind what should be a great product, but is far from it because of it's incredibly low reliability.  The only thing any of us can do is do be the squeaky wheel.  Log ticket after ticket after ticket, one for each flow that fails, one for each time it fails.  They're too big to notice unless they get literally thousands of tickets.  Logging my ticket now....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also getting this error on a create table.  I have four create tables and it is just the same one no matter where in the flow I place it. Cant help think it is not gateway but something in the flow itself. Any way to get more detailed logs from Power Automate?

Ta

Mark

{
"code": 502,
"source": "europe-002.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId": "ec454e7e-e96d-425e-a1e5-3b344c065f8a",
"message": "BadGateway",
"innerError": {
"status": 502,
"message": "Graph API is currently unavailable.\r\nclientRequestId: ec454e7e-e96d-425e-a1e5-3b344c065f8a\r\nserviceRequestId: e19c7ae2-6290-4ca7-9b03-df3c463bc176",
"message": "Graph API is currently unavailable."
},
"source": "excelonline-we.azconn-we.p.azurewebsites.net"
}
}
}

gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

which is the solution

drawser
Helper II
Helper II

Same issue here,

my flow fails at the crate table step with bad gateway.

The table has formulas in it.

It has been working fine for months but started failing about two weeks ago.

Any update on this would be much welcome.

I found the solution to my problem.

The file in which I create a table comes from an email attachment, the file had been getting a data range the spanned outside the specified data range in the flow for create a table. I simply expanded the range and now it's working for me.

Slopez
Frequent Visitor

Tengo el mismo problema, todos mis flujos con Excel dejaron de funcionar y habían funcionado bien durante meses. Solo abrir y cerrar el archivo antes de que la ejecución se ejecute correctamente, pero es una tarea programada que se ejecuta todos los días, no es factible abrir los archivos a diario {"error": {"code": 502, "source": "flow- apim-europe-001-westeurope-01.azure-apim.net "," clientRequestId ":" dfd8e1c7-ef4a-4925-85fb-b501f39bd466 "," message ":" BadGateway "," innerError ": {" status ": 502, "message": "Lo sentimos, se ha producido un error en la relación con este archivo. \ R \ nclientRequestId: dfd8e1c7-ef4a-4925-85fb-b501f39bd466 \ r \ nserviceRequestId: 016ad246-3991-48de-8215-31fa0a4dd" , "error": {"message": "Lo sentimos,

CW
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes I constantly have this same issue. You create a flow, it works several times, you go away for a while then all of a sudden you receive these emails: your flow has failed and has been turned off. 

NOTHING WAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAME ACCOUNT(S). What gives with this nonsense?

I'm really starting to think it was an error to have started down this flow rabbit hole.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been working fine all this time now all of a sudden....................................ummmmm...............(flow speaking) I don't feel like flowing today. What cryptic and useless message can I provide???? Hmm Ya, that's the ticket. Ya ya: It's, it's a bad gateway, AND and and, your  account is, umm it's wrong. 

This about sums up our reaction to this constant behavior. This behavior is the ONLY consistent behavior with Microsoft stuff.

Broosie
Regular Visitor

This thread has been going on for years! It is now 2021!!! I am recently stuck on this error, too, and was hoping to find a little more positive news than this... what a pain...

MartinaHawkins
Advocate I
Advocate I

Anyone got any update on this issue?

Hi Martina. Not on my end but it resolved on its own. Who thought software would be prone to moon phases.

Try saving the flow as another name, rebuilding it, testing at each stage.

I too have found some MSFT tech suddenly stop working simply because it's a new day.

Hope this offers you some solace.

vargasjo
Frequent Visitor

Hello, for those having this issue using excel connector, you can try moving your excel files from one drive to  sharepoint, in my case was only 2 files, after this it all worked ok again, maybe was some kind of limitation on my one drive, or some locked state of the files.

carudev
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm having the same mistake guys, did you manage to solve it?

carudev_0-1619708304687.png

"error": {
    "code"502,
    "source""flow-apim-msmanaged-na-northcentralus-01.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId""4090f3ba-cfce-4d7b-a8bf-19e0bebe7bbc",
    "message""BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status"502,

I WONDER IF THIS WILL WORK FOR THE FORTH ATTEMPT. 

I fixed it and other very very irritating issues ( such as me attempting to respond four times and respond to their feedback WHIL logged in) by not using the stuff anymore.

Wayyyy to many irritating issues given it's 2021. 

EDIT: Wow it only took five attempts to make it stick. Terrible. carudev run for the hills.

Harris0261
Frequent Visitor

It is 11/10/2021 and I am experiencing this issue. Is there any solution for this or we just have to wait?

Wait if you can, I couldn't and creating a new Excel file/template for me was the only solution to get it working on the day. For some reason, my flow wouldn't work days after I started getting it. That was a long time ago and I haven't had any issues since then. Seems like it's a random "thing".

stamperadam
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same, my flow has worked for months and recently started failing due to "Bad Gateway." It's random, most of the time it works, but a certain times it repeatedly fails. I just started using Flows a year ago and I was excited about all their potential, but more and more I am very skeptical of their reliability. I have had multiple instances of a flow starting to fail randomly after working for months, and after making no changes to the flow. Sometimes with even very simply flows.

Ya the fun times don't stop there, just wait. Flow cracked one of my lists somehow, but of course it couldn't possibly have been that. 

I've also put in several "discussions" and rarely a bite from any and all experts.

As for this issue, I had it then somehow, it just started working properly again. Could've been a sun flare.

TrellisRuss
Advocate I
Advocate I

1 Eternity later and there is still no good reason as to why this is happening on Flows. This should not have been marked solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Exclusive LIVE Community Event: Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat with Copilot Studio Product Team

It's time for the SECOND Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat featuring the Copilot Studio product team, which will be held LIVE on April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).     This is an incredible opportunity to connect with members of the Copilot Studio product team and ask them anything about Copilot Studio. We'll share our special guests with you shortly--but we want to encourage to mark your calendars now because you will not want to miss the conversation.   This live event will give you the unique opportunity to learn more about Copilot Studio plans, where we’ll focus, and get insight into upcoming features. We’re looking forward to hearing from the community, so bring your questions!   TO GET ACCESS TO THIS EXCLUSIVE AMA: Kudo this post to reserve your spot! Reserve your spot now by kudoing this post.  Reservations will be prioritized on when your kudo for the post comes through, so don't wait! Click that "kudo button" today.   Invitations will be sent on April 2nd.Users posting Kudos after April 2nd at 9AM PDT may not receive an invitation but will be able to view the session online after conclusion of the event. Give your "kudo" today and mark your calendars for April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM PDT and join us for an engaging and informative session!

Tuesday Tip: Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!     THIS WEEK'S TIP: Unlocking Achievements and Earning BadgesAcross the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions. These badges each signify a different achievement--and all of those achievements are available to any Community member! If you're a seasoned pro or just getting started, you too can earn badges for the great work you do. Check out some details on Community badges below--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article!       A Diverse Range of Badges to Collect The badges you can earn in the Community cover a wide array of activities, including: Kudos Received: Acknowledges the number of times a user’s post has been appreciated with a “Kudo.”Kudos Given: Highlights the user’s generosity in recognizing others’ contributions.Topics Created: Tracks the number of discussions initiated by a user.Solutions Provided: Celebrates the instances where a user’s response is marked as the correct solution.Reply: Counts the number of times a user has engaged with community discussions.Blog Contributor: Honors those who contribute valuable content and are invited to write for the community blog.       A Community Evolving Together Badges are not only a great way to recognize outstanding contributions of our amazing Community members--they are also a way to continue fostering a collaborative and supportive environment. As you continue to share your knowledge and assist each other these badges serve as a visual representation of your valuable contributions.   Find out more about badges in these Community Support pages in each Community: All About Community Badges - Power Apps CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Automate CommunityAll About Community Badges - Copilot Studio CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Pages Community

Tuesday Tips: Powering Up Your Community Profile

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!   This Week's Tip: Power Up Your Profile!  🚀 It's where every Community member gets their start, and it's essential that you keep it updated! Your Community User Profile is how you're able to get messages, post solutions, ask questions--and as you rank up, it's where your badges will appear and how you'll be known when you start blogging in the Community Blog. Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile.     Password Puzzles? No Problem! Find out how to sync your Azure AD password with your community account, ensuring a seamless sign-in. No separate passwords to remember! Job Jumps & Email Swaps Changed jobs? Got a new email? Fear not! You'll find out how to link your shiny new email to your existing community account, keeping your contributions and connections intact. Username Uncertainties Unraveled Picking the perfect username is crucial--and sometimes the original choice you signed up with doesn't fit as well as you may have thought. There's a quick way to request an update here--but remember, your username is your community identity, so choose wisely. "Need Admin Approval" Warning Window? If you see this error message while using the community, don't worry. A simple process will help you get where you need to go. If you still need assistance, find out how to contact your Community Support team. Whatever you're looking for, when it comes to your profile, the Community Account Support Knowledge Base article is your treasure trove of tips as you navigate the nuances of your Community Profile. It’s the ultimate resource for keeping your digital identity in tip-top shape while engaging with the Power Platform Community. So, dive in and power up your profile today!  💪🚀   Community Account Support | Power Apps Community Account Support | Power AutomateCommunity Account Support | Copilot Studio  Community Account Support | Power Pages

Super User of the Month | Chris Piasecki

In our 2nd installment of this new ongoing feature in the Community, we're thrilled to announce that Chris Piasecki is our Super User of the Month for March 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure you've seen a comment or marked one of Chris' helpful tips as a solution--he's been a Super User for SEVEN consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply in April 2020 to his most recent achievement organizing the Canadian Power Platform Summit this month, Chris has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Chris is also a User Group leader, Microsoft MVP, and a featured speaker at the Microsoft Power Platform Conference. His contributions to the new SUIT program, along with his joyous personality and willingness to jump in and help so many members has made Chris a fixture in the Power Platform Community.   When Chris isn't authoring solutions or organizing events, he's actively leading Piasecki Consulting, specializing in solution architecture, integration, DevOps, and more--helping clients discover how to strategize and implement Microsoft's technology platforms. We are grateful for Chris' insightful help in the Community and look forward to even more amazing milestones as he continues to assist so many with his great tips, solutions--always with a smile and a great sense of humor.You can find Chris in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thanks for being such a SUPER user, Chris! 💪 🌠  

Find Out What Makes Super Users So Super

We know many of you visit the Power Platform Communities to ask questions and receive answers. But do you know that many of our best answers and solutions come from Community members who are super active, helping anyone who needs a little help getting unstuck with Business Applications products? We call these dedicated Community members Super Users because they are the real heroes in the Community, willing to jump in whenever they can to help! Maybe you've encountered them yourself and they've solved some of your biggest questions. Have you ever wondered, "Why?"We interviewed several of our Super Users to understand what drives them to help in the Community--and discover the difference it has made in their lives as well! Take a look in our gallery today: What Motivates a Super User? - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

March User Group Update: New Groups and Upcoming Events!

Welcome to this month’s celebration of our Community User Groups and exciting User Group events. We’re thrilled to introduce some brand-new user groups that have recently joined our vibrant community. Plus, we’ve got a lineup of engaging events you won’t want to miss. Let’s jump right in: New User Groups   Sacramento Power Platform GroupANZ Power Platform COE User GroupPower Platform MongoliaPower Platform User Group OmanPower Platform User Group Delta StateMid Michigan Power Platform Upcoming Events  DUG4MFG - Quarterly Meetup - Microsoft Demand PlanningDate: 19 Mar 2024 | 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Dive into the world of manufacturing with a focus on Demand Planning. Learn from industry experts and share your insights. Dynamics User Group HoustonDate: 07 Mar 2024 | 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Houston, get ready for an immersive session on Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Connect with fellow professionals and expand your knowledge. Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group (Q1)Date: 05 Mar 2024 | 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM GMT Standard TimeDescription: Join our virtual meetup for insightful discussions, demos, and community updates. Let’s kick off Q1 with a bang! Leaders, Create Your Events!  Leaders of existing User Groups, don’t forget to create your events within the Community platform. By doing so, you’ll enable us to share them in future posts and newsletters. Let’s spread the word and make these gatherings even more impactful! Stay tuned for more updates, inspiring stories, and collaborative opportunities from and for our Community User Groups.   P.S. Have an event or success story to share? Reach out to us – we’d love to feature you!

Users online (7,511)