cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_ROSS_

Flows test, but don't run?

This seems like an interesting technology, but I'm trying to accomplish something so simple, and getting such spotty results, I feel embarrassed for wasting another couple hours tinkering with one more broken MS release that will disappear because it seemingly doesn't work.

Someone help prove me wrong I guess.

I have a simple flow that will be triggered whenever a work item is added in Azure, a ToDo should be created in MS ToDO. Simple. Build the flow and test it. I assign myself a work item and the test passes. I think try to use the flow... and nothing, well almost nothing. Sometimes 30 minutes later a bunch of todos show up, sometimes they don't.

Right now I'm still waiting on a To do, and expect it to come through *maybe* in 20 minutes. Maybe not. This is a work day btw, and MS has not occupied a good chunk of it with this nonsense.

So the question is, is this snake oil like most of MS products? What is going on here, does this product work on a basic level, and can we get it to create ToDos for me without an investment of hours of time?

I also don't see a plaintext version of the flow anywhere, so I guess for troubleshooting these it's verbal description????

1 REPLY 1
JohnAageAnderse
Super User
Super User

Hello @_ROSS_ 

Please provide a screenshot of your flow actions, preferrably expanded, so that we better may be able to help you.

Note that flows usually check for events that triggers them within a 15 min. interval as far as I know.

Start with a screenshot of your triggering action, expanded. Feel free to colour over any sensitive information.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (100,653)