Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NikTan
Helper III
Helper III

Folder Created in SharePoint

Hi All,

I had one Document Library and for each case have separate folder 

Like Case 101,Case 102 Which was created by EndUser. now I would like to trigger workflow when file is created inside any folder.

I had used When File is created in Folder trigger to call this but i need to specify the Folder name is there any way i can assign that dynamically.

Fol.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NikTan,

If you use the trigger "When a file is created in a folder" of sharepoint connector, I afraid that there is no any way to assign the folder dynamically.

Please take a try to create the flow with trigger "When a file is created(properties only)", and you could leave the Folder column blank,so whenever a file is created in the library,the flow would be triggered.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NikTan,

If you use the trigger "When a file is created in a folder" of sharepoint connector, I afraid that there is no any way to assign the folder dynamically.

Please take a try to create the flow with trigger "When a file is created(properties only)", and you could leave the Folder column blank,so whenever a file is created in the library,the flow would be triggered.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Hi Alice,

It works fine but in that document library i had another folder if document added in that i dont want to trigger the MS flow. How to handle that.

Also if i need to implement this i need to change complet workflow as existing trigger i cant delete.Is there any way to handle this.

Hi @NikTan

You could choose a folder from the trigger:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,472)