cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aamjray
Level: Powered On

Follow Up dilemma

Hi!

I have a big issue, my follow ups are very bad, i mail then i forget. I saw the template for a reminder to follow up if there is no response, but thats only for high importance email. Its something personal, but i think flagging every email i send for follow up as important would make the important signal redundant. Instead, i wanted to do the following;

1) I send an email marked with follow up

2) if i receive the response within 24 Hours, all is well,

3) if i dont, An email goes to them again, with body "Gentle Reminder", to a total of 2 days,

4) If no reply till 2 days, i receive notification that no reply.

I tried to tweak the flow but i cant get it to work

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Follow Up dilemma

Hi @Aamjray,

Could you share all the screenshots of your current Flow configuration?

Do you want to be able to monitor whether the email is replied or not, and monitor whether the email is received within the specified time?

I am afraid that relying on the existing connectors and actions in Flow currently do not have a suitable way to achieve your needs.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Aamjray

Hi, Thank you for the reply!

I have attached the flow below, it is already in the system, a flow for high importance emails, to which you dont get a reply. you get a notification after a while.

My only issue is if i can replace the high importance with a flag. Please let me know if you can help.

Screenshot (54).pngScreenshot (55).png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Aamjray,

Maybe you could consider adding "When an email is flagged" in the second step, and configuring the contents of the first step output.

26.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Aamjray

Thanks for the suggestion, when i try adding your action into the system, it comes with extra conditions which i havent seen before, this is making the flow fail.

I have actually added a timeout action so that the flow doesnt keep waiting for the email, if i dont receive a reply on the follow up mail in 1 day for e.g, the flow sends me a notification.

Screenshot (57).pngScreenshot (56).png

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @Aamjray!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that contains the solution so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Aamjray

Hey Gabriel!

I am sorry but i still have issues with the posted solution, once something hammers out i shall definitely mark it.

I apologize for the elongated thread!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 159 members 6,230 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: