cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDOG123
Regular Visitor

For a selected file connector and excel online (buisness) connectors

Hi, 

I am trying to insert rows into tables/access rows of tables that are in a file in my sharepoint library using the 'For a selected file' sharepoint trigger. However, I cannot get this to work. Every time it says that the table does not exist. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Simplified FlowSimplified Flow

Error MessageError Message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks @CheckMate but I think I did not explain myself very well in the first instance - I meant that if I use the file ID to lookup the file, I run into issues, despite the fact that this works for me in other flows. 

However, I worked out what I was doing wrong - I should have been using the output 'Identifier' rather than 'ID' or 'ItemID' - I hadn't realised that they were all different things.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CheckMate
Resolver I
Resolver I

CheckMate_1-1627270435913.png

hi @CDOG123 

i think that the table option will not appear unless you have format the excel file by table, to include the headers

Thanks @CheckMate but I think I did not explain myself very well in the first instance - I meant that if I use the file ID to lookup the file, I run into issues, despite the fact that this works for me in other flows. 

However, I worked out what I was doing wrong - I should have been using the output 'Identifier' rather than 'ID' or 'ItemID' - I hadn't realised that they were all different things.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,780)