cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canadiancapper

Form submission error causing flow to fail

Hi,

I am about 6 months into my life with Power Automate, and I am loving it.  However, there is one question that I cannot find an answer to.  I have many forms that start with a form submission, then the flow takes the data from the form and sends tailored emails out based on certain answers to different departments.  However, every once in awhile I have someone that fills in one question wrong where I am asking for an email and the submitter just puts a name, even though I am asking for an email in the question.  This then causes the flow to fail.  Is there a way to edit the data in the failed flow, and then to rerun the flow?  All my attempts thus far have been unsuccessful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Canadiancapper 

I would say no. But what you could consider is a a scope that that runs on failure and writes the data to a list. https://www.damobird365.com/error-handling-power-automate/ You can then update the email address and run the flow from the list, triggered by a button on the list item, a bit like this video Easily select list items or documents from a library and send via Email using Power Automate.

Obviously you won’t be selecting multiple items, but simply calling them using the for a selected item trigger. 

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Canadiancapper 

I would say no. But what you could consider is a a scope that that runs on failure and writes the data to a list. https://www.damobird365.com/error-handling-power-automate/ You can then update the email address and run the flow from the list, triggered by a button on the list item, a bit like this video Easily select list items or documents from a library and send via Email using Power Automate.

Obviously you won’t be selecting multiple items, but simply calling them using the for a selected item trigger. 

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution if it helps to solve your problem.

Cheers
Damien

Please take a look and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more Power Platform ideas and concepts, or take a look at my website. Thanks

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,499)