Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Format HTTP request body

Hi,

I have an HTTP request where the body is raw text (the purpose is to create a file to upload via API)

In postman the request works fine but in flow the exact same calls fails. This seems to only be due to the formatting of the 'body' text as I've done the following test:

1) Run call in Postman successfully

2) Copy body from PM to Flow

3) Copy body back from Flow to PM

4) PM call fails (on the face of it the text is exactly the same, even checked with a code difference checker)

2019-03-31_1446.png

Anyone have any ideas how to correctly format in Flows? I've tried converting to string, using it in a variable etc but all with no success.

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I found the solution here 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

It seems flow does not know how to read the multipart text.

I decided to create an additional test flow that receives HTTP requests so I can call it both from Postman and from my flow and see the difference.

When receiving the request from Postman the body is converted to the following:

{
  "$content-type": "multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW",
  "$content": "LS0tLS0tV2ViS2l0Rm9ybUJvdW5kYXJ5N01BNFlXeGtUclp1MGdXDQpDb250ZW50LURpc3Bvc2l0aW9uOiBmb3JtLWRhdGE7IG5hbWU9ImZpbGUiOyBmaWxlbmFtZT0ibmV3LWFnZW50MTIzLnR4dCINCg0KdGVzdDEyMw0KDQotLS0tLS1XZWJLaXRGb3JtQm91bmRhcnk3TUE0WVd4a1RyWnUwZ1ctLQ==",
  "$multipart": [
    {
      "headers": {
        "Content-Disposition": "form-data; name=\"file\"; filename=\"new-agent123.txt\""
      },
      "body": {
        "$content-type": "application/octet-stream",
        "$content": "dGVzdDEyMw0K"
      }
    }
  ]
}

When sending the same call from Flow it is received as follows:

{
  "$content-type": "multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW",
  "$content": "LS0tLS0tV2ViS2l0Rm9ybUJvdW5kYXJ5N01BNFlXeGtUclp1MGdXCkNvbnRlbnQtRGlzcG9zaXRpb246IGZvcm0tZGF0YTsgbmFtZT0iZmlsZSI7IGZpbGVuYW1lPSJuZXctYWdlbnQxMjMudHh0IgoKdGVzdDEyMwoKLS0tLS0tV2ViS2l0Rm9ybUJvdW5kYXJ5N01BNFlXeGtUclp1MGdXLS0="
}

Flow just converts the whole body to base64 and doesn't break down the multipart values.

Any ideas on how to do this via Flow?

I've found the following realted post http://johnliu.net/blog/2017/7/building-non-json-webservices-with-flow but need some more help here on exactly how to go about doing this.

Sam 

Highlighted

Hi @SamPo ,

You could refer to the method mentioned in the blog.

However, the trigger may need to use When a HTTP request is received, Request trigger has been changed.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I've already had a look at that post but it's not clear to me exactly what I need to do.

I have no experience working with swagger/OpenAPI, if you could provide me with some clear guidence on this that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I found the solution here 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (12,783)