cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamel
Frequent Visitor

Formatting Date And time in MS Flow

I am running into a problem when trying to get the date/time out of a column. I need it to display what is in the column and cant figure out how to format it in Flows. Attached is the issue and my flow. I need it to read the date/time in a mm/dd hh:mm AM/PM. any help will be greatly appreciated!

Flow 2.PNGFlow 1.PNG

25 REPLIES 25
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@alexaRo

Are you using Excel Online? From what I understand Excel Online will return the date column as plain numbers rather than dates. Possible to use "regular" Excel instead?

@CarlHRVA I did solve it but it was by using an expression in a Compose component and then using that output in the email. Unfortunately using regular excel is not really an option for this case. I posted it in a separate post, and I elaborated on the answer there. @kdavis91 and @ManishJain helped me get there and have some more info.

Mrmus

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt')

You saved me hours of research 🙂 I can't believe after all that thinking and searching I saw this lol. 

I also needed my other output in yyyy-MM-dd format and it was not listed in the drop down values it provides so I just typed it in the format I needed under custom and voila! It worked. 

Thanks again!

time conversion.PNG

Vipul2021

Dear All,

i am trying to build a flow where 24hr before the flow should initiate email provided in excel.

Vipul2021_0-1628165468736.png

I have tried multiple options but not a success.....can you please guide me?

kdavis91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Vipul2021 , where are you having an issue?

could you please provide a summary of the options you have tried?

also, it may be more appropriate to start a new thread rather than using this one if your question is more than just about formatting date/time.

thanks,

Kyle

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,615)