cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Formatting Date And time in MS Flow

I am running into a problem when trying to get the date/time out of a column. I need it to display what is in the column and cant figure out how to format it in Flows. Attached is the issue and my flow. I need it to read the date/time in a mm/dd hh:mm AM/PM. any help will be greatly appreciated!

Flow 2.PNGFlow 1.PNG

26 REPLIES 26
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@alexaRo

Are you using Excel Online? From what I understand Excel Online will return the date column as plain numbers rather than dates. Possible to use "regular" Excel instead?

@CarlHRVA I did solve it but it was by using an expression in a Compose component and then using that output in the email. Unfortunately using regular excel is not really an option for this case. I posted it in a separate post, and I elaborated on the answer there. @kdavis91 and @ManishJain helped me get there and have some more info.

Mrmus

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt')

You saved me hours of research 🙂 I can't believe after all that thinking and searching I saw this lol. 

I also needed my other output in yyyy-MM-dd format and it was not listed in the drop down values it provides so I just typed it in the format I needed under custom and voila! It worked. 

Thanks again!

time conversion.PNG

Vipul2021
Frequent Visitor

Dear All,

i am trying to build a flow where 24hr before the flow should initiate email provided in excel.

Vipul2021_0-1628165468736.png

I have tried multiple options but not a success.....can you please guide me?

kdavis91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Vipul2021 , where are you having an issue?

could you please provide a summary of the options you have tried?

also, it may be more appropriate to start a new thread rather than using this one if your question is more than just about formatting date/time.

thanks,

Kyle

ayushch

formatDateTime( [your date here] , 'MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:tt')

formatDateTime( [your date here] , 'MMMM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:tt')

formatDateTime( [your date here] , 'hh:mm tt') hour minute am/pm

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,145)