cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoJoDebo88
Frequent Visitor

Formatting Date/Time Issues

I'm having trouble converting the date/time for an email notification. One is a regular date/time field:

Exposure.png

and the other is a calculated field:

Release Expected.png

They currently format as "1900-01-07T05:00:00Z" but I just want them to show "01/01/21". I've looked through forums to determine what formula to write but everyone I try gives me a error code.

4 REPLIES 4
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @JoJoDebo88 

You can use the formula - 

formatDateTime(outputs('Compose_2'),'dd/MM/yyyy')

CFernandes_0-1634300561459.png

Output -

CFernandes_1-1634300586034.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

I'm not using a static date. It changes for each item so I need a formula that changes it for each one. This just changes a specific date.

@JoJoDebo88 

Did you try the above? Format data time should work with dynamic dates. 

The above Flow is just for demo purposes. You will need to pass your dynamic value.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

JoJoDebo88
Frequent Visitor

I'm not able to add the desired field. It isn't listed as an option.

2021-10-15 13_41_23-Window.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,247)