Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmason
Helper III
Helper III

Formatting Email Text from Flow

Hi,

I  have an article saved https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/approvals-markdown-support that I was using to customize the email text that Flow creates. But it seems like these markups no longer work. Has anyone else experienced this?

For example: 

Previously I have formatted text that I want bold like this: **word** and that word would be bold. Now I get **word**. The asterisks show up and the word is not bold. 

If this is no longer valid, can anyone suggest a better article to use for marking up emails so I can customize them?

Thanks!

Kathy Mason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank You! This will work!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@kmason :

I just ran a quick test and Markup appears to be working.

One thing I did notice is that I needed to use a 1 for the number in my ordered list in order for the numbering to start at 1.  The documentation indicates otherwise.

MU1.jpgMU2.jpg

If this answers your question, please mark your post as solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks @Scott shearer. Will these markups also work in the Send Email function. I noticed you did it in the Start an Approval. I really need to format the Send Email space.

Thanks!

If you want to modify the content of the Body of the Send an email action, you can use HTML markup directly.

3.PNG

Or directly configure Send email (V2) action, in which you can directly edit the content through the text editor.

2.PNG

Thank You! This will work!

View solution in original post

Hey @RookieI how did you get the text formatting to show up? When I am in my Body of my email I don't get that option. This is what I see...

editing body of flow.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (19,946)