Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lekevin
Microsoft
Microsoft

Forms > Azure Data Lake, incorrect code

Hello,

I have a flow going from Forms to Azure Data Lake. I just want to show what the Forms result is in a file in ADLS. However, I'm receiving this information instead of my correct data ("Option2"):

Test Question: @outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r0da8c357c27d41df9027ecc153f515e7']

Instead of @outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r0da8c357c27d41df9027ecc153f515e7'], I should be receiving just "Option2". I don't know why it's showing up that instead of the actual data, and I suspect there's a bug in the connector.

Nonetheless, I wanted to ask if anyone else has ever received that type of result from Forms? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin Lee (lekevin for internal folks)

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @lekevin 

Can you share a screenshot of the flow? I suspect that the dynamic content/ expression is not being resolved while passing the parameter to the field in the action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Of course. Here is a photo (I don't know how to attach a file here...):

https://imgur.com/a/sU8ZHu3

The result I get is:

@outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/rfb74934cd2f3451e834f8a390f542cf3']

Just ran this now.

Hi @lekevin 

Can you initialize a variable after the get response details action and then add the output value to that variable and then pass the variable in the Append file action and check if you continue to face the same issue? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you for the super quick reply.

It didn't work, but interestingly enough now I got this as the reply: @variables('Test_ID')

It seems like AzureDataLake connector is just not taking the actual value.

Of note, a workaround that is hacky is: manually putting in curlies like this: @{variables('Test_ID')} would work for some reason. And, @outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r0da8c357c27d41df9027ecc153f515e7'] works for some reason. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,710)