Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Frequency of File System connector?

Hello,

On the below File System connector, I am finding this is only appearing to run once every hour. I was under the impression the trigger frequence wouldnt be this delayed? I've had this run twice this morning however now another hour has gone and nothing has run yet, Im able to go into the properties of the connector and browse to the file share where it will be grabbing a file from.

I've removed the file from the remote folder and put it back in again however this is not triggering the workflow.

sudosaurus_0-1639482691959.png

Any pointers would be great!

6 REPLIES 6
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hey @sudosaurus 

You can check the Trigger frequency

CFernandes_0-1639494440444.png

CFernandes_1-1639494465316.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @CFernandes 

Mine is displaying the same yet is not running.

If I were to drop a file into a folder and let the workflow run, before running again, does it know if it's already run a previous file? 

Essentially we have a process where a file will be dropped into this folder each day and we would expect the workflow to create a copy of the file in a SharePoint document library.

Is it because I'm testing with the same file and it knows it's previously processed that file and is choosing to ignore it?

Hello @sudosaurus 

By default Flows run in Parallel, this means multiple runs could be running at the same time-

But you can, you can manage concurrency - Please see the thread I had answered - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/What-happens-when-a-flow-is-triggered-more-than-once... 

With reference to your problem - I am not 100% sure but maybe you might me hitting a limitation - Can you review the link below -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/filesystem/#known-issues-and-limitations 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

P.S. take a look at my blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks.

Hi sudosaurus 

I've been trying to figure the same issue out for many many hours now.   I have a  'When a file is created (properties only)' file system trigger that triggers when  I drop files into the folder for the very first time, but not after that.  The only way I can force it to re-trigger is to change the folder to a different folder, save the flow and then change it back to the same folder.   I too have the flow working on a 1 minute interval and are testing new files all the time.   

Did you end up being able to work this one out?

sudosaurus
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Chris35 ,

We had to append a date prefix to files for the daily run on this folder as it wont allow files with the same name to be processed if they've been processed before - for some weird Microsoft reason?!

That was the only way I was able to get it to work.

Chris35

Interesting ok I will try this out as well, thanks @sudosaurus !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,290)