cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Email to post teams included attachment

I do a single flow to get my received emails and send to my Teams group.

Therefore, when a send a attachment to my Teams, it doesn't work.

Anybody know whats happen?

Ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

As I mentioned in my first post, currently it is not possible to post email attachment to Microsoft Teams. Please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum. Thanks for your understanding.

The run details I provided in my second post means that when the flow runs, only the contents retuned from the dynamic contents can be posted to teams, but not an attachment.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am afraid that it is currently not possible to post email attachments to Microsoft Teams. It seems that there is no field can be used for the attachments.

I would suggest you submit an idea on the Flow Ideas Forum, I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

@v-yamao-msft good morning!

And, what about this picture?
This flow doesn't work. Can you to explain me the reason?

Ty!!!

Hi @Anonymous,

What do you mean by “it doesn’t work”?

I have created a flow with the same configuration, when a new email arrives, the flow will be triggered and message can be posted to teams successfully.

1.PNG

Could you try again with it?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Anonymous
Not applicable

When this flow (picture) run, the attachments doesn't go to team's group!

Hi @Anonymous,

As I mentioned in my first post, currently it is not possible to post email attachment to Microsoft Teams. Please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum. Thanks for your understanding.

The run details I provided in my second post means that when the flow runs, only the contents retuned from the dynamic contents can be posted to teams, but not an attachment.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was confused just because of the options of inserting an attachment in the teams field!

Thank u so much @v-yamao-msft!!!

kgreen8790
Advocate II
Advocate II

There is a workaround to this. Teams, at least in my organization, sits on top of sharepoint. You can have the flow "get emailV2" followed by the sharepoint connector "create file" then get the link to the file and message that to your teams. It's maybe not exactly what your trying to achieve but it achieves a similar end result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,635)