cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

GCC alternative to Flow for Excel add-in?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to be asking, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum. I'm working on a push-type integration from Excel to Teams using the Flow for Excel add-in (https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-microsoft-flow-integration-in-excel/). I was able to successfully test a single, plain message to a teams channel using one of the templates, but after some failures and rooting around, I discovered the flows were being created on the commercial tenant rather than gov cloud. And when I tried to post an adaptive card rather than a raw message, I got the explicit error, "Tenant home region 'gcc' is not supported."

I haven't seen any activity on that add-in for more than a year, so I assume I can't count on this being resolved anytime soon. Is there active development on that plug-in? Are there plans to make it work for gov cloud? If not, is it possible to do what I'm trying to do (initiate a flow from Excel using the 'for selected row' action) on the gov cloud? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: GCC alternative to Flow for Excel add-in?

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't think there's an official notice yet out. 

I found an answer for another post (not the same topic but similar), and a Microsoft Staff indicated that there are no plans.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/AI-Builder/AI-Builder-GCC-Gov-Availability/m-p/390263

I also found this article with the limitations:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/us-govt

Hope this helps you

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GCC alternative to Flow for Excel add-in?

Thanks @manuelstgomes, that's helpful to know. Disappointing but not surprising.

I don't know much about Power Automate or Flow, so I don't know if there's another way to do what I'm trying without this particular add-in. We have an Excel file on Teams containing a single table. I'd like to post an adaptive card to a channel whenever a row is added to the table.

It seems like this would be a common scenario, but I haven't found any tutorials. I think I could figure out the rest if I had an idea of the right framework of triggers and actions. On the other hand, if this isn't something that would normally be done, that would be helpful to know, too (i.e. I might be trying to misuse the tools).

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,281)