cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gorilla_8
Level: Powered On

GOOD MORNING, GOOD LATE, GOOD NIGHT, I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL SEE THIS BUT I'M THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! xD

I am trying to flow so that I can change the status of two lists in sharepoint, so one list updates a status field through an approval and the other list has several fields to update the tbm status field, but I can't connect to second list and approve both at the same time, he sends two emails for approval and that, I don't want to.

Would anyone have a solution?

7 REPLIES 7
AKRogers
Level 8

Re: GOOD MORNING, GOOD LATE, GOOD NIGHT, I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL SEE THIS BUT I'M THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! xD

@Gorilla_8,

Let me know if I have the gist of this correct:  You have two lists in SharePoint, and one list needs an approval with a status field update, and the second list has multiple fields that also need to get updated when the item from the first list is approved. 

Can I get a screenshot of what you've tried so far?  How is the flow triggered, is it for a selected item or does it happen automatically when an item is created?

Thanks!

Ashley

Gorilla_8

Re: GOOD MORNING, GOOD LATE, GOOD NIGHT, I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL SEE THIS BUT I'M THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! xD

I will not send print now because I am away from home, I will try to explain to you, there is a list that creates an item with the user data and there is another list that creates the items that the user made, I would like the first list that only one user can one item show in email for approval and people analyze data and second list user can add as many items as they want but i need to show all items created in second list for approval. understood ?

I need the user to view both lists without flow sending two emails to approve
AKRogers
Level 8

@Gorilla_8

You can add multiple Get Items actions to your flow, doing the second one with a filter query based on a value from the first one.  Once you've pulled together your data from both lists you can add a Start and wait for an approval step and add variables into that approval from both lists, resulting in one "combined" approval.  Here is a very basic outline:

CombinedApproval1-111619.png

CombinedApproval2-111619.png

CombinedApproval3-111619.png

Since you're working with users--and potentially with people picker fields-- let me also direct you to this answer I gave on a similar situation: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Send-email-with-all-items-in-a-list-to-as...

The answer I provided there should help you with grabbing all the data from the second list based on a particular user from the first list.  The important thing for you is that you can get data from two sources and hold that data in variables, thus making everything available in the same approval.

Hope that helps! 

Ashley

If this response provided an answer to your question please mark it as a solution so that others can find it.

If you found this helpful, consider giving it a thumbs up!

Gorilla_8

PRINT FLOW.pngLike this: 

Highlighted
AKRogers
Level 8

@Gorilla_8

What results do you get when you run that flow?  What you built here should give you data from both lists, but it looks like you're missing the part where you need to filter your second Get Items action based on the results you're getting back from the first Get items action.  I don't 100% know your use case, so that's my best guess based on the information you provided yesterday.  Use the "filter query" part of Get items, under the Advanced options.  To filter on a particular person, please refer to the other answer I linked in my post to you yesterday.

Thanks!

Ashley

Gorilla_8

He failed wht he get the approval

Gorilla_8

I will explain my case to you, I hope you understand, the flow I need is that there is a list with id I need to pull the items: "expensemaster" (list1)

The other list is where each user's expense items are: with the "id" of the first, I'll explain further.

Imagine that he creates an item or modifies it in a list, after which he has to make the flow make two approvals, the first is for a manager and another for an end user.

Understood?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,466)