cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wouter_K
Frequent Visitor

GUID gets converted tot ‘Something’ while inserting into SQL.

Hi fellow Flow fans,

Something strange. See Picture.

• Getting a record from Dynamics when records get changed / created. (using CDS connector)
  • Then inserting some of the fields in SQL (al varchar(50)
  • All goes well EXCEPT for the RecordID = GUID (AL_entity_id) – in this case opportunity. This somehow gets converted to some strange value.

Flow_converts_GUID_to_something.png

See results in SQL. Even stranger the column AL_User is also a GUID in the source system, this does not get incorrectly converted.

Flow_converts_-_SQL_table.png

By the way: Got a workaround by adding a Space (“ ”&)  in front of the OpportunityID. Somehow the the GUID gets inserted correctly in that way.

Kind Regards,

Wouter Kessener

happy flowing 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wouter_K ,

I did a test on my side, the field type in SQL table is also varchar (50), but the Opportunities id is still the original format.

You could try to use Compose to store the record id and then insert the output of compose into the SQL table.

23.PNG

From your screenshot, it seems that the RecordID is transcoded into base64. You could also try to decode it first using decodeBase64() function.

Expression reference:

decodeBase64(triggerBody()?['crba2_opportunitiesid'])

Image reference:

24.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wouter_K ,

I did a test on my side, the field type in SQL table is also varchar (50), but the Opportunities id is still the original format.

You could try to use Compose to store the record id and then insert the output of compose into the SQL table.

23.PNG

From your screenshot, it seems that the RecordID is transcoded into base64. You could also try to decode it first using decodeBase64() function.

Expression reference:

decodeBase64(triggerBody()?['crba2_opportunitiesid'])

Image reference:

24.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks so much for taking the time te respond.

Your sugested solutions (decode or compose)  are also a good workarrounds.  But still a workarround in my opinion. I find it stange that the GUID (AL_User) does not seem to need an compose or decode step to get the actuel GUID value to SQL.

Anyway. Thans again. I will surely mark your response as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,673)