Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Get Approval Item Link

Hi, again.

I have searched for this topic, and I'm quite surprised that I can't seem to find any mention of it.

Essentially, I have an Approval process wherein I'd like to give the Approver three "chances" to Approve or Reject, and take action if it times out. I can manage the loop and timeouts just fine; what I can't streamline is the reminder email.

Instead of a bare-bones email with (at best) a link to the approvers Approvals page in Flow, or (at worst) a new Approval item for each loop, I want the reminder to contain a link to the actual approval item (rather than a link to their Approvals page.) The format of the link is easy to grasp: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/myEnvironmentID/approvals/received/(some GUID)/requests/(some other GUID)

The thing is, I can't find any documentation anywhere that tells me 1) how to get that URL from within the workflow (although I suspect it will have something to do with parsing JSON output); nor 2) what the elements of that URL even mean. All I know is that everything after "/received/" is how to identify the Approval item itself.

Thank in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Get Approval Item Link

Hi @mboonie ,

It seems you want to give the Approver three "chances" to Approve or Reject.

So you want to get the link of the Approvals page in Flow.

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

There is dynamic content 'Item link', but it's the link to the file you need to approve, not the approval page.

Capture3.PNG

If you want the Link to the approval page to be added in the dynamic content, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Get Approval Item Link

Hey @mboonie,

The first (some GUID) is the Approval column in the Approval CDS entity. If you get this GUID, you can stop at: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/myEnvironmentID/approvals/received/(some GUID), which will allow the user to get to his/her approval.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to get this GUID without needing a CDS license though. 

ApprovalColumnInApprovalCdsEntity.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,350)