cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meehael
Regular Visitor

Get Current Environment's User GUID

Hi everyone,

is it possible to get the current environment's GUID of the user who ran the flow, please?

I'm running the flow from Dynamics 365 web application.

Also, I'm using the "When a record is selected" instant trigger of the Common Data Service connector.

meehael_0-1600850335583.png

However, when trying to use the selected "User id" field, it's actually returning the GUID of the Azure Active Directory user, but this GUID doesn't exist in the current environment, that is, the running user's GUID in the current environment is different from the one in Azure AD.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @meehael 

You can add another action to List records and select the current environment and the Users entity. In the filter query, use the expression: 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @meehael 

You can add another action to List records and select the current environment and the Users entity. In the filter query, use the expression: 

View solution in original post

urgal93

Hi,

I have the exact same problem but the dynamic content is not returning an email, or the user id, or the name. I jsut get things that look like guids instead. Help !

Here are the three dynamic content that i tried: User email, User id, User name.

The dynamics content is not returning what it should, and there i was thinking it would be as easy as simply setting the ownerid to systemusers(User id)

urgal93_0-1607962750245.png

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @urgal93 

Can you share more details? The solution I provided above is actually to get the user guid from the users entity. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (36,001)