cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmp1900
Advocate I
Advocate I

Get Emails from Subfolder

How can I get an email from a subfolder using the message ID. Get Email V2 doesn't have an option to choose subfolders, it only searches for message IDs in the Inbox folder. Get Email V3 doesn't have the option for searching by message ID.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

CP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmp1900,

I tested Get email (V2) action on my side, but I can get the email from the subfolder, the subfolder is within a folder named "TestFolder", and its name is "TestSubfolder":

I get the email via two ways, one is getting all emails of the subfolder, then put the Message ID into the Get email (V2) action, the other is putting Email ID into Get email directly, they all work:
Annotation 2019-12-03 142751.png

You have no need to choose subfolder, just need the Message ID to put in the Get email (V2) action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmp1900,

I tested Get email (V2) action on my side, but I can get the email from the subfolder, the subfolder is within a folder named "TestFolder", and its name is "TestSubfolder":

I get the email via two ways, one is getting all emails of the subfolder, then put the Message ID into the Get email (V2) action, the other is putting Email ID into Get email directly, they all work:
Annotation 2019-12-03 142751.png

You have no need to choose subfolder, just need the Message ID to put in the Get email (V2) action.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. What does the second Get Email V2 (2) accomplish?

CP

Hi @cmp1900,

It will be like this, get email body. If it has attachment, it also gets attachment back.

Annotation 2019-12-04 102559.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,658)