cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmp1900
Advocate I
Advocate I

Get Emails from Subfolder

How can I get an email from a subfolder using the message ID. Get Email V2 doesn't have an option to choose subfolders, it only searches for message IDs in the Inbox folder. Get Email V3 doesn't have the option for searching by message ID.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

CP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmp1900,

I tested Get email (V2) action on my side, but I can get the email from the subfolder, the subfolder is within a folder named "TestFolder", and its name is "TestSubfolder":

I get the email via two ways, one is getting all emails of the subfolder, then put the Message ID into the Get email (V2) action, the other is putting Email ID into Get email directly, they all work:
Annotation 2019-12-03 142751.png

You have no need to choose subfolder, just need the Message ID to put in the Get email (V2) action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmp1900,

I tested Get email (V2) action on my side, but I can get the email from the subfolder, the subfolder is within a folder named "TestFolder", and its name is "TestSubfolder":

I get the email via two ways, one is getting all emails of the subfolder, then put the Message ID into the Get email (V2) action, the other is putting Email ID into Get email directly, they all work:
Annotation 2019-12-03 142751.png

You have no need to choose subfolder, just need the Message ID to put in the Get email (V2) action.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. What does the second Get Email V2 (2) accomplish?

CP

Hi @cmp1900,

It will be like this, get email body. If it has attachment, it also gets attachment back.

Annotation 2019-12-04 102559.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,967)