Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vstar19
Helper V
Helper V

Get File Content "$content-type": "application/octet-stream",

Hello. 

I am using the Get File Content to grab the contents of a CSV file, however the output of the get file content is 

{
  "$content-type""application/octet-stream",
  "$content""S24354542JKLSDFHDSAF5hbCBJZCxOYW1lLEVtYWlsLFRva2VuLEV4ZWN1dGVkLFN0YXR1cyxDb3VudHJ5IDogUmVzZWFyY2ggICBQcm9wb3NhbCAgIFN1Ym1pc3Npb24gMSxDb3VudHJ5IDogUmVzZWFyY2ggICBQcm8908SDFHLKASDFpb24gMixDb3VudHJ5IDogUs08909WDFHJSDKSDHFALKSwxLCwsT2xpdmVyIFNlcmdlYW50LG9saXZlcnNlcmdlYW50QGhvdG1haWwuY29tLCwwMy8wNi8yMDIxLEFOU1dFUkVELDI0LDI4LDMzLDM5DQo="
}

I have been googling, but to no avail - i simply am failing to understand why the output of the get file content is appearing as it is (in the application/octet-stream format). 

Can someone 

a) explain what this application/octet-stream is 
b) explain how i can extract the contents of this CSV so i can play around with the data

Thanks in advance. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Powerplatform01
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Vstar19 

If you want to fetch CSV data and want to save it in SharePoint or in some other location you can refer this video.Also request you to please subscribe this PowerAutomate channel.

https://youtu.be/9pV5yjLQhBY

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Powerplatform01
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Vstar19 

If you want to fetch CSV data and want to save it in SharePoint or in some other location you can refer this video.Also request you to please subscribe this PowerAutomate channel.

https://youtu.be/9pV5yjLQhBY

View solution in original post

TheSaj
Frequent Visitor

I am dealing with the same issue, and trying to find a solution that does not require a third party connector like Encodian, as it is not an option for me.

- Jason

Merco
Helper I
Helper I

Here is a solution for you, this works for me all the time.

Have you tried to change the option Infer Content Type to Yes (default is No)?

2021-08-30_21-36-06.png

See the difference in my flow below.

Infer Content Typs = No

2021-08-30_21-37-44.png

Infer Content Type = Yes

2021-08-30_21-38-16.png

Let me know if you need more help with the following steps to extract the CSV data.

Mark as solved if it did answer your question.

TheSaj
Frequent Visitor

My experience is that it has generally been marked Yes by default.  But it did not make a difference.  

Though, having it on did prevent my flow from being able to read in and parse the content of a JSON file.  In that case, I had to set it to "No".

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (878)