cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh365
Frequent Visitor

Get Flow Action is not listing any Desktop Flows

Hi All, 

I have been working with the Power Automate Management Connector and using the "Get Flow" action to get a specific Desktop Flow details(so that I can use the returned schema information to create future Desktop flows ). However, the Flow field is listing only the Cloud flows and it does not list any Desktop Flows. 

Can you please help in identifying the issue or help with enlightening if this is by design ? 

Rajesh365_0-1663583524906.png

@Expiscornovus Tagging Super User Gurus for leads 🙂

Thanks in Advance !

5 REPLIES 5
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajesh365,

Actually posted about this in a different thread recently. You could use the Web API for this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/List-all-the-desktop-flows/m-p/1772685#M1...

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Thanks @Expiscornovus  for the response  🙂 . I did try Web APIs previously and did hit a roadblock which was when I turned to Power Automate Management connectors.

The real problem I am trying to solve is, I am getting the bot actions from another RPA tool and trying to manually form a desktop flow Schema which can then be used to "Create a desktop flow".

I had been doing hands on with programmatically creating Cloud flows using the Web API listed here  and it works very well. 

Rajesh365_0-1663586675195.png

However, the similar Web API for Desktop flows have the capability to list desktop flow, trigger them etc. but do not have an option to create a desktop flow 

So wanted to know if there is an API way to create Desktop Flows programmatically. 

Thanks in Advance !

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajesh365,

That is a different requirement compared to your opening post 😅 I haven't seen examples of that so far, but I will share if I come across one.

That being said, the code behind the steps in desktop flows is Robin. Maybe it is worth double checking if you can do something with that language.

Btw, the steps can also easily be copied pasted into new desktop flows. Can't you use that approach for the time being?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?

@Expiscornovus Since I am trying to recreate Automation Anywhere bots in Power Automate, copy paste wouldn't help. 

Thanks to pointing out to the fact that the language used is Robin, that was a new insight 🙂 but I guess without a create end point, I might still be stuck and may not be able to automate the bot conversions as I have almost 1000+ bots to be migrated 😞

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajesh365,

Because I haven't seen it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I don't know everything 😁

If I come across something, I will let you know. Interesting migration scenario btw.

Happy to help out! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,872)