cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sayatan
Level: Powered On

Get Flow - Dynamic value

Hi,

I am trying to use the 'Get Flow' action under Flow Management connector. When I pick this action, I can select the environment and dependeing on the selected enviroment it displays all the Flows in the environment.

My requirement is to provie a dynamic value as the Flow name. However, everytime I pass a dynamic value (using custom value option) the flow fails. Please let me know if you think this is possible.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Flow - Dynamic value

Hi @ sayatan,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error you meet? is it a ConnectionAuthorizationFailed error?

I have made a test on my side, when use a dynamic value or just enter the Flow’s name in the “Flow” field of “Get Flow” action, the flow would run failure with ConnectionAuthorizationFailed error as screenshot below:

1.png

Using a dynamic value in the “Flow” field of “Get Flow” action is not supported in Microsoft flow currently, If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

sayatan
Level: Powered On

Re: Get Flow - Dynamic value

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

Thanks for the reply. The error I get is different from yours, your error can be avaoided if you use "Get Flow as Admin" action instead of "Get Flow" action. The error I get is "Could not find flow <FlowName>".

{
  "error": {
    "code""FlowNotFound",
    "message""Could not find flow 'TestFlow'."
  }
}

I am not sure why, but I don't see the option to attach screenshot. Also, if "Using a dynamic value in the “Flow” field of “Get Flow” action is not supported in Microsoft flow currently", why there is an option to enter custom value? It is really confusing!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,989)