cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get Form responder name into flow

Hi,

i have a flow which get details from a form once its submitted and update it in excel sheet.

is there a way to get the responder name? i want it also to be updated in the excel.

i tried to use the get user profile action but got the error:

" The template validation failed: 'The action(s) 'Get_my_profile' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Get_user_profile_(V2)' are not defined in the template.'."

thanks in advance.

Eyal

5 REPLIES 5
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi again,

update to the original request, i manage to overcome it and now i can save the flow, but it failed when runing, i.e. excel is not updatd with information at all.

the message said that the flow failed on the get user ID action.

can anyone explain how exactly i should define the user profile ID connector to get it work?

thanks in advance,

Eyal

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ Perez,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned, the screenshot of the flow as below:

Capture1.PNG

Please make sure the owner would be able to see the name and email address of the respondor,

When a response is created as below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

tsorry fior the late response, was on an holiday vacation.

thanks for your detailed reply.

my flow very similar to yours, and still it failed to run, please see picture below:

defect flow.png

this is the results:

defect error.png

on failure summeryit said:

Error Type: this action failed becouse of an error in the connector

will appreciate if can help.

thanks,

Eyal

Hi @ Perez,

Could you please share more details about the error tht you meet in the "Get user profile" action?

You could refer to link below to learn more about the error 403:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures#authentication-failures

As is said in the link,in many cases, flows fail because of an authentication error. If you have this type of error, the error message contains Unauthorized or an error code of 401 or 403 appears. You can usually fix an authentication error by updating the connection:

Please check if you have choose the correct connection in the "Get user profile" action or create a now connection ,Please let me know if your issue are solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

i tried to folow the instructions for authorization issue in the link you snet but didnt saw any Unauthorizaed notificationin my conections list.

so actually im not sure what else i can elaborate or how to proceed...

Eyal

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (59,979)