I have a column that have this name in the webadress ending:

http://..................97D24A218D%7D&Field=PersonalNamn_x003a_ID

In the SP list the column is called PersonalNamnID

I am trying to make a filter that looks like this

PersonalNamnID eq '4'

But i just get errors

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The query is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: d2e61c6e-5c94-442e-ab3a-c2fd58e9facf\r\nserviceRequestId: d2e61c6e-5c94-442e-ab3a-c2fd58e9facf"
}

I do not understand what is wrong

I have tried

PersonalNamnID eq '4'

'PersonalNamnID' eq '4'

PersonalNamn_x003a_ID eq '4'

'PersonalNamn_x003a_ID' eq '4'

Nothing works

Why?

8 REPLIES 8
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Oskarkuus 

Assuming that PersonalNamnID is a number column, the following will probably work for you:

PersonalNamn_x003a_ID eq 4

If it is a text column then this will probably work:

PersonalNamn_x003a_ID eq '4'

Here is a link for more info

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

None of them work.

The column is a look-up column or choice column... (it is the column you get from a relationship to another SP list)...

I have tried to use startswith(PersonalNamnID,4)

But still nothing works:(

Hello Team,

I can guarantee that this will definitely work, can you give this a try -

PersonalNamn_x003a_ID -eq 4

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I get this error

{
  "status": 400,
  "message": "The expression \"PersonalNamn_x003a_ID -eq 4\" is not valid. Creating query failed.\r\nclientRequestId: 7a34b48c-f7e2-4d30-9b3e-c18dbfab39cb\r\nserviceRequestId: 7a34b48c-f7e2-4d30-9b3e-c18dbfab39cb"
}

@Oskarkuus

Can u please confirm the column type in sharepoint multichoice or Lookup? 

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hello Team,

Can you please share a screenshot of how you are passing this configuration, I want to take a look at it.

Awaiting response....

It is a lookup column.

It displays a relationship to another sharepoint list.

@Oskarkuus

Can you make sure that you are saving the Id not Name on this column from the sharepoint setting?

If you are saving the Id then the expression should work while replacing any spaces in the field name with_x0020_

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,802)