Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

Get Items Limit Columns by View ignoring view filters

Hello,

I have a flow that starts by making a call to a Sharepoint list to Get Items. I am using the "limit columns by view" to only pull items from a specific Sharepoint list view. The view works perfectly in Sharepoint. However, the filters on a column that were set in the view are being totally ignored by the Get Items. Do view filters not work here and I should only expect "limit columns by view" to pull appropriate columns but without filters?

2 REPLIES 2
NiloferA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @colbyc ,

Well "Limit columns by View" does exactly what it says, it's only going to limit the number of Columns to fetch from the Get Request, other View Settings do not apply.

But if you want to filter out the data being fetched by your Get Items action, you can use Filter Query.

You can refer this post for further information on how to use Filter Query

https://sharepains.com/2018/11/12/sharepoint-get-items-odata-filter-query/

Please give a Kudo if you found this helpful or Mark this Reply as Solution if it solved your problem.

That's great, unless your view filters on a calculated column, in which case you're out of luck, as the odata filters do not work with calculated columns

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,347)